How to customize hardware ethernet settings in FC5?

I have a somewhat problematic ethernet NIC in my laptop and have found
that the most reliable way to make it work is to force it to operate
in 10 Mbps, half duplex mode.  Each morning I arrive at work, attach
my laptop to the network, boot up, and type

$ sudo ethtool -s eth0 autoneg off speed 10 duplex half

and the network works fine all day long.

Now, I'm getting tired of this, and I think I ought to be able to
force this configuration somewhere.  The problem is, I haven't the
foggiest idea where to do it in FC5.  On Debian, I could edit
/etc/network/interfaces and specify a "pre-up" command.  In FC5, there
is probably some file in /etc/sysconfig/... that I can edit (either by
hand, or via a GUI application -- although, I don't see it under
System|Network...) to change this, I just don't know where to begin to
look.

Any pointers?

Actually, as long as I'm on the subject, where would be a good place
to start to understand the design, concepts, intent, and overall
operation of the data stored in /etc/sysconfig?

(Please feel free to tell me to read the manual for the answer to
that, although "man sysconfig" and "man -k sysconfig" don't tell me
anything).

--wpd