Re: urgent help reqd: modifying routing table using ioctl( ) function

At 1:34 PM +0100 8/9/06, Abid Ghufran wrote:
>I am trying to use ioctl( ), with the appropriate flag for the
>addition and deletion of routing entries, to modify the routing table.
>
>I have an application where a client takes its interface information
>and sends it to the server. The server then sends it to other clients.
>Clients receiving that information are to integrate that information
>in their routing tables.
>
>Now, the problem is that, I am getting very strange behaviour from the
>system, when I use the ioctl( ) function.It successfully adds the
>entries but the when i view them in the routing table (using route) I
>see a REJECT flag ( ! ) with them. Hence the receiving clients cannot
>use that entry to route traffic to the original client.
>
>I am not sure how the ioctl( ) function interacts with the kernel and
>vice versa.
>
>Can anyone help me on this.

Looking at "man ioctl", I see that it is a way to write to special files in
a special way.  You have that part working, as you are getting entries
where you expect them.  What you seem to have wrong is the (format of the)
data you are sending.