Re: firefox-1.5.0.4 (still)

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 09:38:10AM -0700, John Wendel wrote:
Download the tar file, untar it in your home directory, point a launcher at the new version, be happy! If only the rest of life was so easy.

Wow! That's a great solution. Y'know, Fedora should stop producing security updates
at all, and we can all just download upstream versions of fixes ourselves.

Actually, why start with Fedora when there's Linux from Scratch? Cut out
that pesky first step of using someone else's distribution patches in the
first place.

You forgot the <sarcasm> tag, so I assume that you are agreeing with me.

Actually, I run the latest upstream versions of all the apps that I use daily. It really isn't too hard to keep up with. And I understand that this activity isn't what most people want to do with their time.

The Fedora developers do a great job with RHEL. I also have a lot of respect for the LFS group.

Now I'll shut you and get back to updating my Kubuntu box.

Regards,

John