Re: ls command

Type "alias", you probably see one like this:
  alias ls='ls --color=tty'

If you remove that one, coloring is not used (see "man alias").
Try typing 'ls' (include the single quotes this time) :)

It's probably defined in the /etc/bashrc file, or whatever shell
you are using (grep in your /etc directory).

JeeBee.