Re: gnome-mount crashes when data DVD inserted

At 4:25 PM +1000 8/7/06, Brian Chadwick wrote:
>Hi ll
>
>I have this problem where when I insert a data dvd into my dvd-rom,
>gnome-mount crashes and reports an "unexpected error." (By the way ..
>using FC5). Inserting a data CD instead, works as expected... its only
>data DVD's. (all in the same DVD-ROM)
>
>I have logged a bug report with fedora.redhat but nothing seems to have
>been done with it ...
>
>So I am wondering...do some of you out there have no problem when data
>dvd's are mounted by gnome-mount, or do you all experience the problem
>... i am wondering whether this is somehow to do with hardware.

Gnome-mount crashes here if it doesn't know the filesystem on a CD or DVD.
That is, it crashes on CDs or DVDs containing raw data with no filesystem.
I sent in a report with the crash reporter.

Gnome-mount needs work.  It should not crash if it can't mount media.