Udev rules for SATA drives

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.  Am configuring a new
server for a client with FC5, this server has 3 removable SATA drives
(replacing their existing server with 3 removable IDE drives).  In their
original server the primary and secondary master drives (hda and hdc
respectively) were software raid 1 and the primary master (hdb) was used as
a backup device.

In the new server the first 3 drives will be software raid 1 (2 drives, 1
spare).  The motherboard has 4 SATA connectors, for the sake of this email I
will call the drive attached to the first of those connectors drive 1, etc)
As mentioned in another thread, unfortunately removing one of the drives
causes the kernel to shuffle the drive assignments up (rather than simply
leaving a gap as with IDE).  IE. normally I will have sda-sdc... if I remove
the second drive, my goal is to have sda and scd (with sdb missing) instead
of having sda, sdb as is assigned by default.

I have added the following in 10-local.rules
BUS=="scsi", ID=="0:0:0:0", DRIVER=="sd", NAME="sda%n"
BUS=="scsi", ID=="1:0:0:0", DRIVER=="sd", NAME="sdb%n"
BUS=="scsi", ID=="2:0:0:0", DRIVER=="sd", NAME="sdc%n"
BUS=="scsi", ID=="3:0:0:0", DRIVER=="sd", NAME="sdd%n"

When booting with only 2 drives (the 2nd removed) the above seems to create
all the correct nodes and standard symlinks for sda and sdc and I can
perform operations against sdc as I would expect.  Unfortunately the device
node for sdb is also present, presumably from either the kernel's assignment
or the default rules.

What can I add to my local rules so that the "stray" sdb node is removed or
not created as the case may be (and likewise for any of the other 3 drives
which might for whatever reason be removed from the machine)?

Regards,