Re: english-frech dictionarry

On Wednesday 02 August 2006 15:17, Robin Laing wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> > On Tuesday 01 August 2006 10:51, Adel ESSAFI wrote:
> >>Dear all
> >>I just want to ask if any one uses an english-frech dictionary on FC5. I
> >>found one but I dont succeed to compile it !!!!!*
> >>Thanks for help
> >
> > Hi Adel. Where did you find this dictionary? The one I find on Google is
> > from Everest, and covers many languages, but I'm on dialup, and it's more
> > than 80Mo, so I will download it tonight.
> >
> > Nigel.
>
> I don't use FC5 but I have been able to do translations with StarDict
> between various languages with the correct dictionaries.  I have used
> StarDict to go from German to English as well as Spanish to English.
>
> --
> Robin Laing

Hi Robin.  Well the Everest dictionary was a waste of time. Having clicked on
the linux version, 79MB later, and the following morning, I found it had
given me the evil empire version.

Anyway.  StarDict is ok. The French-English/English-French dictionary is quite
small, and doesn't give you the gender of nouns, but the
German-English/English-German is a lot bigger, and gives the gender of nouns.

Thanks for the StarDict suggestion.

Nigel.