Re: FC3-FC5

At 9:16 AM -0700 8/3/06, bruce wrote:
>hi..
>
>has anyone managed to go directly from FC3->FC5. any issues/problems i
>should know about?
>
>i'm also assuming that it's sraightforward to go from FC4->FC5

I upgraded from FC3 to FC5 using the Install CDs.  I had no notable
problems.  I made a backup first.

Well, actually I made a copy of the FC3 partition, got that working, and
upgraded the copy, and I also made a backup (using tar).  The two FC3's
shared a /boot partition.  The installer removed all the old kernels and
grub stanzas, making the old FC3 unbootable.  I restored them from my
backup and all was well.