Re: skype

François Patte wrote:
Bonjour,

I encounter some audio problem with skype.

First, I could receive the sound from my correspondant but I could not
reply: he did not hear me. This was solved using

artsdsp -m /usr/bin/skype

Now the problems are:

1- if another audio device is working (xmms for instance), the ring tone
of an incoming call is not mixed with the music displayed.

2- if I receive a call and answer, I can no more use xmms without loging
off skype, skype doe not liberate the dsp device.

Is there a solution to these problems?

I am running FC4 with last kernel. I do not have KDE, only a few
packages (arts, k3b,...)

Thank you.

Check out skype_dsp_hijacker:

http://juljas.net/linux/skype/