Re: script to log work done on Servers

David Desscan wrote:
We are different administrators to administrate Linux servers(Fedora Core
and RHEL).  Sometimes we use remote access ssh and su to perform important
tasks and read logs.  Since we use the same admin username and password, it
is sometimes difficult to know who has done what and when.  Is it possible
to log tasks and use different accounts with admin privileges on linux?  I
would also like to write a script which will echo a warning message when
commands like rm is used and eventually prevent irrecoverable actions on
important system folders like /bin /sbin /etc /boot and /home.  Thanks for
help and any referred web link.

I've found that sudosh works for users who log in via ssh and then sudo su into root. This might be a better app for monitoring who does what, if and only if you block logging in via ssh as root (which is always a good idea) and setup sudo access for who needs it.

--
Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator