RE: how to create a vi macro

From: Jerin Jacob K
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2006 2:41 AM

>I want to create a vi macro for "+y and "+gP commands . and it has to work
on visual mode of vi
>i tried something like this but it is not working
>:map c "+y
>:map v "+gP

I have never heard of the "+y" or "+gP" commands -- what do they do?
I was going to try to find a way to make macros for them, but the first
seems to do nothing
and the second pulls in a cut buffer from last week!?

Maybe the "+" needs to be escaped?  Just guessing....
Also, the "c" key is used, you may want to pick another key.  I am not sure
what is meant by "visual" mode.
When you say visual mode, do you mean the "command" mode, as opposed to the
"insert" mode or ":ex" mode?

Let's see, now I think the "+" goes to first non-whitespace character of
next line, and "y" yanks  how about "j0wy" instead.  And the "+gP" seems to
be doing a put from the yanked buffer but it is confusing.

--
Michael