Re: Networking Problems

DRicher33 wrote:
Thanks for the fast response.

1. Another machine can ping the DNS servers and the gateway.

2. Can't ping an ip address on the outside world on the linux box. firewall and Selinux are turned off

3.  Can't ping domain name.

Iptables is the firewall correct? if so it is disabled.

Thanks

If you cannot ping your gateway IP address, then you have a local problem.

FWIW, I have two network interfaces on my desktop and one just died for some strange reason. No software indication of a problem but I would not get a link light. Used the other interface with no problem.

Check your link lights on your hub/router for your port. Also see if the link light comes on when you plug your cable in and goes off when you remove the cable. This is the first thing I would check.

If you have two ports, see if the second port isn't the one that is getting configured.

--
Robin Laing