Re: setting up an update server for FC ??

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 02:19:48PM +0200, Gregory Machin wrote:
>    Hi
>    We have 4 FC 5 servers 2 FC 5 laptops, and 1 FC 4.
>    The problem we are having is that updates are downloaded repeatedly, how
>    can I create a central cache for our lan / wan without having to create a
>    full mirror of the updates as we don't have the bandwidth..

Redirect your yum accesses through a lan-local squid proxy.  And
switch your Linux client /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo files to not use the
mirror list, but select one fast local-to-you mirror to put in the
baseurl= line, so all the clients request the same files from the same
mirror, so it's just one URL for squid to cache (rather than many
separate servers as it would otherwise try, which would defeat the
cache most of the time).

Thanks,
Matt

--