Re: Sound on Acer Aspire ZWLMi notebook

Hi Pithball,

Thanks for the info.

I am using kernel 2.6.17-1.2157_FC5 from fedora's repository.
According to http://fedoranews.org/cms/node/1337 that would be
not much older than 2006-07-14.

The email you referred to was send on June 29th.
Could be it's not yet included in my kernel ... ?!
Would be so great if a new kernel fixes my sound problem!

Thanks,
JeeBee.

Fedora Update Notification
FEDORA-2006-806
2006-07-14
Description :
The kernel package contains the Linux kernel (vmlinuz), the core of any
Linux operating system. The kernel handles the basic functions
of the operating system: memory allocation, process allocation, device
input and output, etc.

Update Information:

Rebase to latest upstream 2.6.17.4 -stable release, which
fixes a security issue which could result in local
priveledge escalation.

More details at:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.17.4

In addition, an optimisation was performed to use
significantly less memory for several heavily used kernel
data structures.