Re: FC-5 iptables question

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Peter Horst schrieb:

Sorry, kind of a dumb question. I'm trying to open a port to allow DNS traffic (port 53, UDP and TCP). I tried a quick nmap from outside my network, and though the tcp port shows up open, there's no reading from the udp port. How can I tell if I've opened the port correctly? Here's what I think is the relevant output from 'service iptables status' - does this look right? Thanks much...

Did you do an UDP nmap scan?

nmap -sU -p53 <target_host>

Thank you for the assistance, all. I did this UDP scan as indicated and it came back "open|filtered." Sounds right?

Peter