Re: FedoraFAQ.org - commands for install of NVIDIA drivers do not work

On Tuesday August 01 2006 9:14 am, Paul Howarth wrote:
> The advice I gave to Mark was based on his use of the nvidia installer
> directly; the file contexts for a properly-packaged RPM like the one
> from livna will be different because the files will be somewhere else
> (and the context fixes might even be done in the RPM itself; I don't know).

I'm trying to troubleshoot a couple of problems with software packages, and
I'm in a bit over my head. The problems are with the game ppracer and with
Jahshaka, the video editing package. In both cases, they depend on GL - in
both cases, the programs initiate seemingly normally, then quit without any
error messages. Jahshaka just shuts down immediately after display of the
splash screen. Ppracer gives you its menus but shuts down as soon as you try
to initiate a game...
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA