Re: Does polling stop acpid working?

what about the acpi daemon? is it running well or not?

--jo--
Timothy Murphy wrote:
My ThinkPad (T20) does not shutdown properly.
I'm told that this is because I am polling the temperature
(with cpuinfo), and also the battery.

Actually, I would rather have the battery and temperature info
than shutdown properly, so I regard it as a price I have to pay.
(It does not seem to have any bad consequences,
since the hard disk does stop.)

But is there any way round this?
Has it been notified as a bug, and if so of what?
(I couldn't find it after a brief search.)

--
Regards,
Johannes Sitorus