Re: Fetchmail problems

Hi Anne

On 7/31/06, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From time to time I get fetchmail problems, and don't understand what the
error messages are telling me:

fetchmail -a
fetchmail: socket error while fetching from pop3.tiscali.co.uk
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)
fetchmail: Query status=2 (SOCKET)

This error only occurs when you have lost Internet connection and the
other is because you are now trying to run fetchmail when it is
running in background.

Check you Internet connection..nslookup cnn.com to see if it resolves
Frequently this is followed by:

fetchmail: another foreground fetchmail is running at 18351.

Is this a Tiscali problem, or is there something I can do about it?

Anne