Re: Internet Connection Failure

Just want to let you all know that it's fixed and don't bother with this post anymore. I found the solution to my problem. It's quite simple actually, I just didn't look harder from the beginning and that was my problem. Here is what I did to fix it.

I went to Desktop>System Settings>Network and highlighted "wlan0" and clicked on edit. Then I went to wireless settings and entered the WEP Key.

The command......

> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/key-wlan0

The above command showed me "Key=......." meaning I had no key. I knew something was fishy.
But anyway, earlier I could've fix it without the gui. I made the mistake of typing.....

> /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 key <my key>

instead of......

> /sbin/iwconfig wlan0 key restricted <my key>

But anyway, it's all fixed now and I'm happy :)

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org
http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=103251&topic_id=24433&forum=23#forumpost103251