Re: Dynamic DNS and failed journal

Thanks for your comment Paul

The thing is, when bind chroots, it should have writeable access to its own /var/named, which as far as the host is concerned, is actually /var/named/chroot/var/named.

its needs to know where to load its zone information from, ie. /var/named, then chroots.

I cant see how that should be a problem for bind to write to its own /var/named directory. Anyway I tried it, and changed options directory /var/named to /var/named/slaves .... naturally, bind couldnt find zone information ...

I suspect there is something more intriguing afoot.

Thanks anyway :)