Re: How to use Apache 2 with HTTPS only?

Matthew Miller escreveu:
>>> [...] if you do that, someone who connects to
>>> http://yoursite.example.org would get an error. That's confusing to
>>> non-technical people. So it's generally better to run on port 80 as
>>> well, but redirect all requests.
>> that's true.  i guess i was considering that he said "HTTPS only",
>
> The effect of doing the redirect is that everything is served via https
> only, but yeah, if you literally want only https, you could not listen on
> port 80..

Thanks.

I did do "RedirectPermanent / https://myserver.com/";, but the site is
presenting an error.

Both the server and the client use certificates issued by a local CA,
and I created a SSLRequire rule to allow only the client to enter the
site. I think the SSL check failed because of the RedirectPermanent.

Any ideas, please?

Regards,
Vinicius.