Re: Question on using projector with Dell Inpiron 6000 & FC5...

On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 17:37 -0500, Guillermo de Jesús Hoyos Rivera
(gmail) wrote:
>     Dear listers:
>
>         I want to make a presentation using a projector. I have FC5,
> installed in a Dell Inspiron 6000.
>
>         I have tried configuring the double monitor facility, and
> connecting a PC monitor to my laptop (both, while the computer is on,
> and turning on the computer with the monitor attached to it), and I
> have had no success.
>
>         I have also tried by configuring single monitor in my FC5
> installation, and turning on the computer with the monitor attached to
> it. Same results.
>
>         Finally I have naively tried to use the Fn+F8 key combination
> (to redirect the output of the display in Windows). None of the
> previously stated tries worked.
>
>         Does some one of you know how to do this?
>
>         Thanks in advance and best regards.
----
make sure that the monitor is connected and powered on before you turn the laptop on...at the least, the display should work when you operate the Fn+F8 key combination.

Craig