Re: download srpms and rebuild package with other options

Il giorno ven, 28/07/2006 alle 08.48 +0100, Paul Howarth ha scritto:
> Edit the spec file to add the configure options you want:
> $ vi ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/ffmpeg.spec
>
> It's good practice to also change the "Release" number and add a
> changelog entry in the spec file when you wake changes.
>
> Rebuild the package:
> $ rpmbuild -ba ~/rpmbuild/SPECS/ffmpeg.spec
>
> At this point you may find that you need to install some additional
> -devel packages. These should be yum-able (as root).
Tanx very much.

Now I have only another question.
To save time on rebuild there is a way to not uncompress every time the
source into the BUILD dir?

I see that in spec file there is a %prep section in which the source are
uncompressed.
This appens every time i run the rpmbuild -ba ...
In the section I see the %setup command but I don't know how %setup is
defined.

There is a rpmbuild option