Re: HTTPD configuration problem

On Sun, 2006-07-30 at 00:19 +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> I am beginning to think that there is a bug in the configuration tool.

Demonstrating the problem of using a configuration tool designed by
someone else than the product it configures.  If one is changed out of
step with the other, you strike problems.

Personally, I've only tried that tool once.  I found it so unintuitive
to use that it was just as easy, or easier, to directly edit the
configuration files, myself.  Apache has quite extensive documentation
that allows you to work out what you want, that configuration tool does
not.

It strikes me that it'd be better if somewhat like the wizard that ran
with the initial use of Apache on Windows:  It guided you through
setting a few customisations (servername, etc.), so you could get
started using Apache.  After that, you customised things by hand.

I read messages from the public lists.