Some tools for wireless test and management

Hi all,

I would like to start using my wireless card.

This is a BCM43xx for which I see the support on new kernel.
I used it with a little AP without authentication in managed mode.

I'm using KDE

Now I would like to know somethings:

What software I need for use it or configure it by GUI (kwireless tools
for example). Until now I changed the config file and used iwconfig.

iwconfig tell me that I'm using version 19 and the driver is compiled
for version 20. How can i obtain the version 20?

I tried to use airsnort to see if my card receive some packet, but I'm
unable. I have to use other as driver type, but airsnort ask me to place
my card into monitor mode. I don't know how to.

I see some other software (like aircrack or other) but I didn't found it
on fedora repos.

What about wpa? (I see some about wpa_supplicant) but I don't know how
to use it. I need absolutely Windows driver, or can I configure WPA even
if I have only Linux?

I'm sorry for a lot of questions, but in mailing didn't find something
of usefull.

Bye to all
 Ambrogio