Re: OT: knowledgebase application

I like MediaWiki but ... of couse the team would like to be able to upload files to attached to a record.  From what I can tell this is not possible is any of the Wiki I looked at.  Am I wrong, will MediaWiki allow attachments?

On 7/29/06, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 2006-07-29 at 06:23, Paul Smith wrote:

> > > A wiki would probably be a better knowledgebase than a forum system.
> > >
> > > Try MediaWiki. I set it up for documentation in my previous workplace, and
> > > it worked very well.
> > >
> > > http://www.mediawiki.org/
> >
> > We use a wiki for this too, in our case "moin".
> >
> > Both moin and mediawiki are available in Extras.
>
> I am also looking for something similar for private use, i.e., not to
> be published on the web. Is there such a tool? And since I am not a
> programmer, I would like to have something simple regarding its
> operation.

I like and use twiki http://www.twiki.org/ (and there is a nice
wiki-feature comparison link on that page) but I don't think it
has been packaged for fedora.  You don't need to be programmer
to install it but it helps to know your way around apache.  An
easy way to try it out would be to download the free VMWare
server from http://www.vmware.com and the twiki appliance image
from the huge list at
http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/directory/

--