Re: Extra CDs installation

On Thursday 27 July 2006 15:35, sarvesh230 wrote:
> I'm a newbie to Linix, I installed FC5 using first 2 cds...How do I install
> the rest three? Apparently they are not bootable disks..Please help.

You may or may not use the other disks during the initial install, depending
on which packages you selected.  If you didn't use them, you probably never
will, because using yum or the installation guis will take you to an on-line
repository where more up-to-date versions will be available.  You will need
to do an update anyway, to fix many bugs and security holes.  If you haven't
already done that, make it a priority, and allow plenty of time for the first
update, as it will be huge (a problem for those on dial-up).

Relax, let it do 'it's thing', and enjoy.

Anne