Re: Burning backup to dvd

On Wednesday 26 July 2006 17:31, Poohba wrote:
> growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=image.iso
>
> /dev/dvd should be the drive.  mine is /dev/hdc and i just use that
> instead of symlink'n it
>
> growisofs -Z /dev/dvd -R -J /some/files
> works for me with no problem also.  I have never tried to append.  I
> missed a lot of your posts so I don't know what has already been tried.
> I apologize for any repeated information.
>
> gives what error?  If it starts at all then the media is fine.  If it
> fails immediately it could be the media unless the error is more
> specific.

It looks as though the media was at least part of the problem.  Changing to a
different brand disk got me a complete burn, no error messages whatsoever.
However, I find I cannot read the disk.  It is not automounting.  For a
manual mount, is the type iso9660?

dmesg|tail
cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!

Doesn't look good

Anne