Re: Unavailable frequencies for P4 processor

On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 12:01:37PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 09:11:41PM +0530, Vikram Goyal wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > I am using FC5 on a P4 Hyperthreading 865GBF board.
>  >
>  > Previously I used to use ondemand cpufreq mod and set my cpu min speed
>  > at 900Mhz to max 2.4Ghz. But now there are on only two freq available i.e
>  > 2.1Ghz and 2.4Ghz in:
>  > [root@fc5host ~]# cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_available_frequencies
>  > 2100000 2400000
>  >
>  > The cpufreq drv which applies to my hardware is p4-clockmod
>  >
>  > I don't understand how may I use cpufreq as before.
>
> There exists a possibility of lockups due to CPU errata, so the erroneous
> frequencies have been removed.
>
> 		Dave

Hello Dave,

That means this modification has been done in the kernel code and is not
due to some setting, which is what I was thinking initially.

I had even compiled kernel for myself but the results were the same, so
I thought, maybe I have overlooked something in menuconfig.

Thanks!
--
vikram...
--
You scratch my tape, and I'll scratch yours.