Re: [Fedora] Re: list_head debugging.

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 01:32:53PM -0600, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:

 >    Unfortunately I'm noticing that now when it crashes, there's
 > absolutely nothing recorded anywhere.  Before the patch I could capture
 > stuff in /var/log/messages.  Now, nothing.  It just dies.
 >
 >    So I thought, before I write this off and reformat the drive and
 > install FC5, is there anything else that I can do to try and track the
 > problem down.

if you can get hold of a cable, hooking up a serial console might be
worth a shot.

 > Could it potentially be hardware, and if so what?

I forget if I've already asked, but did you try running memtest86 on this
box for a while and see if anything odd turns up?  That thing has been
great at detecting marginal hardware (not just bad ram, but insufficient
cooling/power problems too).

		Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk