Re: New Hang at Startup Issue

Juan Carlos wrote:
> Chris:
>
>         I have an /etc/inittab that runs the line 18
>          id:3:initdefault:
> (it was id:5:initdefault in the FC 5 distro, but I dont like beginning
> graphics-like) and
> 	x:5:once:/etc/X11/prefdm --no-daemon
> last line of the script, that I commented out and I think manages the
> login in graphics mode, firing xdm. Maybe you have the problem in this
> last line.

You did not need to comment out the
x:5:once:/etc/X11/prefdm --no-daemon

line. The 5 after the x: means run at run level 5. If you look at
the line:

1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1

The 2345 after the 1: mean run at run levels 2, 3, 4, and 5. The 1:
and x: are the id for the line. They can be one to four characters
long, but you can not have duplicates. You can get more information
about the format of the file by running "man inittab".

Mikkel