Re: Linux software for Motorola Razor phone?

Steven Stern wrote:

>Philip Prindeville wrote:
>

>>Steven Stern wrote:
>>

>>>P[snip]
>>>

>>You need qt, qt-devel, libusb-devel installed to build it.
>>

>Thanks. I was missing libusb-devel.

Well, running it, I see some strange things.

It wants to open /dev/ttyACM0, which I can't find where that's created in
the udev stuff...

And it's created as 0660, (root, uucp).  When I run moto4lin as
setgid(uucp),
it fails to be able to write to this device.

I also noticed that the device gets removed (unlinked) at some point before
moto4lin exits, though I couldn't find any calls to "unlink" in the sources!

It might be cleaner to make the code talk to libusb() for all things
including
writing "AT+MODE=8" into /dev/ttyACM0....  though I have no idea what
that does or how to accomplish the equivalent using libusb() calls.

Well...  time to stare at it a bit and RTFM(s).

I was hoping it would just build and run.  Sigh.

-Philip