Re: [OT] TOP-POSTING

On Thu, 2006-07-20 at 17:59 -0700, jdow wrote:
> From: "Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu" <m3freak@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > On Thu, 2006-20-07 at 12:56 -0700, jdow wrote:
> >> What we need is more flexibility and courtesy. Then we need a lot less
> >> anal-retentive asininities about "one true way". You guys are starting
> >> to sound like religious extremists like say Jerry Falwell or Osama bin
> >> Laden about your "one true way."
> >
> > You really must stop dropping that bomb every where.  Character
> > assassination is cruel and dishonourable.
> >
> > Sometimes there really is only one true way.  But, like I said, I'm not
> > going to force anyone to change.  Live and let live.
>
> Sharia law under any guise is acceptable to some and not to others.
> I choose some degree of freedom, that's all. I find society works better
> if I don't try to force other people to what I see as the one true way
> and instead adapt to their foibles or necessities. Life's easier for me
> that way. It makes life more pleasant for most people.
>
> (At least I have not started side posting again.)
>
> {^_-}

Ok, with this caveat. No one is forced to read your posts (when top
posted) if they  don't want to. They are also free to boycott bottom
posted messages.

But sometimes community agreement on codes of behavior are useful. I had
a landlady in grad school who believed a stop sign meant "look both ways
before proceeding, but not stopping". Just because it is illegal should
not stop out freedom of action.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>