Re: dual boot problem

well I am not expert in the boot loaders but I went through similar
problem before in Redhat 9 days.

It has something to do with Windows 2000/NT because windows 2000 MBR
and Grub is not compatible unlike Windows 98/me/xp, where grub can
chain load other operating systems. Whichever you install first,
windows 2000 will overwrite the MBR. If you plan to use both Windows
2000 and Linux, you have to use third party boot loader (I guess
commercial ones). Since its been long time I forgot which boot loaders
are avilable out there. You can search the goole for available tools.

If you want to have dual boot system Windows 98/ME/XP are the good
choice than Windows NT/2000.

Hope this helps.