Re: Source rpms

Paul Michael Reilly wrote:
Rahul <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> > Paul Michael Reilly wrote:
 > > Given a package foo, how does one access the source rpm for that
 > > package in order to prepare a patch for it?
 > yumdownloader --source foo
 > yum-buildep foo

Excellent!  Thanks.

I'm thinking this information should be in the Fedora Wiki someplace.
Any suggestions?  I'll be glad to hack in some descriptive text.
Something along the lines of:

Should you want to create a patch for a package then download the package source using the "yumdownloader" tool
          and the "yum-buildep" tool to ???.  Both of these tools are
          part of the "yum-utils" package.  By default the source
          rpm will be installed to ... where development will take
          place.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/yum

It really should be part of the Yum guide (http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/yum/) but Fedora documentation project really needs more active contributors.

Rahul