Re: The Linux eternal problem with reading CD/DVDs...

On 7/19/06, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You may want to check System --> Preferences --> Removable Drives
and Media Preferences - The storage and Multimedia tabs. You can
control what happens when you insert different types of removable
media. (If you are not running Gnome, then the menu chain will be
different.) Or you can run  gnome-volume-properties and get the same
thing. If auto-mounting is turned off there, then disks will not get
mounted. If the media itself is bad, you will also have problems
with auto-mounting.

Thanks, Mikkel, but I cannot find "System --> Preferences" in my K
menu (I am using KDE).

Paul