Re: Evolution strangeness.

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 10:28 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Has this happened to anyone else? When using evolution to send mail on
> occasion whole sections of text get stuck together as a block. If I
> change a word in the block the whole rest of the message disappears.

Yes, seen that, generally if you edit what it considers to be the
signature block.  Sometimes cut and pasted text gets treated that way.
You end up having to "undo" to get back what it threw away.

That, and the diabolical mess it makes of quote prefixing, are two
really annoying aspects about writing e-mail with evolution.  I can
think of other pains to do with reading mail, here's just a few:

No quick solution to toggle between text or HTML versions of an e-mail,
you have to reconfigure.

Stupid font sizing issues.  e.g. Tiny text in HTML, only mitigatable by
making everything else stupidly huge.  Printing (to paper) font sizing
far too big.

Hideously slow mail filtering.

Lack of useful right-click options against e-mails.  e.g. You can't
*easily* reply to a sender, if a mailing list has redirected replies to
itself, by right clicking on their own address somewhere.

I read messages from the public lists.