Yum.repos.d on FC5.ppc??

On Sun, 28 May 2006 12:04:09 +1000, David Timms wrote:

> Beartooth wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 May 2006 15:23:00 -0400,  I Beartooth wrote:
>> [...]
>>> I'm getting persistent errors from yum update on a machine running
>>> FC5.ppc, saying it can't find a valid baseurl for repo: core.
> Can you post the actual error trace ?

You mean this? :

[root@localhost btth]# yum update
Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
core                                                                 [1/3]
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/ppc/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 4] IOError: <urlopen error (-2, 'Name or service not known')>
Trying other mirror.
Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: core
failure: repodata/repomd.xml from core: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from core: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
[root@localhost btth]#

>> I should perhaps have added that this is what I have as a core repo :
>>
>> [root@localhost ~]# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-core.repo
>> [core]
>> name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch
>> #baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
>> mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
> Can you point your web browser at the specified mirrorlist ?

The baseurl gets me a 404 from Dillo; so does the URL after it -- but ...

> Mod the $releasever to 5!
> Do you get the mirrorlist OK ?

Then I did, yes.

> Attempt to browse to one of the listed mirrors, replacing basearch and
> releasever. Can you get there

What do I put for basearch? Just ppc didn't work. Changing only
$releasever to 5 doesn't solve it.

I get a list of http and ftp sites with both dillo and opera; they aren't
clickable. Do I need to copy the whole list into repos.d? Or will yum get
it now?

> Does your web browser use proxies to get to external web sites ?

Yes, privoxy; and I did find a typo, 127.0.0..1 in the Galeon preferences;
better check the others...