Re: Samsung ML-2010 and Fedora Core 5

Heikki Pesonen wrote:

> The problem for a newbie like me is, that in the Linux world one meets a
> large set of different tools or probably same tools with different
> names, that to find the right one you must push your thinking to the
> limit ...

I think one of the hardest things for a newbie is that there is
usually more then one way to do the same thing in Linux. This lets
you pick the type of tool you are comfortable with. I usually prefer
command line tools and editing config files. Users that are used to
Windows tend to prefer GUI tools. Linux offers both. Sometimes the
GUI tools are just front ends to the CLI tools. Most CLI tools are
designed to be used a "building blocks" in scripts to create
different functions depending on how they are put together.

Mikkel