Re: How to connect remotely to GDM?

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 20:48 -0500, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> By default, GDM will only accept connections from the local machine.
> You have to reconfigure it. I don't remember the menu entry right
> now, and I am not on the FC machine, so I can not check it.

On FC5 you have to run gdmsetup which now stashes the info
somewhere totally different than FC4 (I remember being crushed
when I discovered that the files that took so long to find
on FC4 didn't work anymore on FC5 :-).

One of these days I'm gonna have to write an app that MD5 sums
the entire disk and compares it to the previous sums so I can figure
out where the heck all these annoying setting are stored by doing
a before and after comparison when running the setup program :-).