Re: Weired Sound Playback Problem

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 22:26 +0800, Deepak Shrestha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am experiencing some strange problem with sound playback in my FC5
> box. I didn't experience any problem during  installation and sound
> card detection went fine too. The problem is like this:
<snippage
> Does anybody have this kind of problem? Any Idea, solution, pointers?

In the olden days I would have said IRQ problem, which it still may be.
I'd check and see if there is some sort of conflict being related by
dmesg. Or use some of the system tools and see if they are handling your
device correctly. You may wish to turn the onboard sound off in the bios
and add a cheapo sound card. Might as well go for one that supports
surround sound or some other feature you cannot live without. Linux has
always had problems with most stuff crammed on the motherboard; video,
ethernet, sound, modems, you name it, it has caused some problems when
on-board. Only USB, as it it relatively new, seems to play nice. You
problem is, IMHO, is somewhere in a device conflict. You might want to
enable pcmcia to try that. Can't hurt to try. That part is free! Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256
Sign up at: http://counter.li.org/