How to make screensaver working again

Hi all,

I mailed before, but no help found.
So I checked also on bugzilla and found some old issues in which is
written that screensaver wont work for root.

So my situation is.
Before some change screensaver worked well for root (no blank screen but
random screensaver), and password asked after 5 sec from the start of
the screensaver.

In an annoying work day I changed and checked for a lot of screensaver,
but after that screensaver wont work.

Now I'm not able to make screensaver start when logged as root, and
password is not asked.

All works correctly if I lock the console manually.

Someone known why this behavior, but above all how to make it working as
before?

Bye
 Ambrogio