Re: usb and too much memory?

Tom Horsley wrote:

> Oh, I did all that. The memory has identical timing and
> the i386 kernel as well as memtest86 has no problems, it
> is only the x86_64 kernel that has USB troubles. I suspect
> some sort of IOMMU nonsense, but the simplest fix is to
> just leave only 2 gig in the machine in any case.

It is interesting that it works with the i386 but not the X86_64
kernel. I have not worked with X86_64 kernels, so this is a shot in
the dark, but could there be a compile time option for the amount of
memory it supports like there is for the i386 kernels? I would not
expect a problem at the 2G boundary with a 64bit processor.

Mikkel