Re: Fetures

On 7/15/06, Amir Hossein Shenavandeh <shenavandeh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have been using Redhat since Redhat 4 and since then It had lost good
features which are so useful
for example How-to's and etc,
ofcurse some of them had been removed because of licensing problem .
.The thing which shocked me so much was the the Kernel source . Why is it
excluded from the CD images ?
And the installer . Why the package selection section has become this poor
in FC5 ?

Best Regards,

Hello!

Remember that Redhat != Fedora. The documentation that was available
was written by Redhat employes that were paid to do it. The Fedora
documentation is written by volunteers from the community.

All the source code for Fedora Core can be downloaded from this
location: http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/5/source/iso/.
Since most users are not interested in it (do not know what to do with
it :) ), I think it is a wise decition not to force everyone to
download it.

With regards to the number of available packages in Redhat N vs Fedora
Core, I do not have any numbers to verify what you are saying, but if
you are missing something in particular, it is allways possible to
request that the program should be packaged for Fedora Extra.

--
Best Regards,

Trond Danielsen