Re: Looking for a laptop

I bought a Tadpole Talin a couple of years ago and it came pre-loaded with
Linux (it was Sun's Java Desktop, so I wiped it and installed FC -
everything worked right out of the box, including wifi and the internal
modem.)

Their support was also first rate although you'd be on your own if you
were ever stupid enough to try and install Win on one of their machines
:-) (to be fair, they do have some drivers on their website now to allow
Windows to work on their kit!  [definitely a case of the boot being on the
other foot...])  It seems the Tadpole Talin was pretty much a modified
Tadpole Sparcle, which I understand is a purely Unix box.

Unfortunately, the Tadpole Computer company has since been bought by
General Dynamics and they seem to have dropped their Linux line of
laptops, focussing entirely on Solaris laptops now.  But you do still see
new ones on Ebay.

AJ.