Re: Init.d not starting processes at boot up

On Thursday 13 July 2006 21:31, Bill Habermaas wrote:
> I have run across an anomoly with FC5 not starting processes at boot time.
> I have Apache and MySQL installed and although they have scripts in
> /etc/init.d, they do not start when the system is booted. If I go into
> /etc/init.d and start them manually, they start without any problem.  I
> also have FC5 on a laptop with the same software and everything starts as
> expected.
>
> Is there something else somewhere that I need to tweak to get these to
> start automagically?
>
> Bill Habermaas

Hi Bill. I normally use Main-menu >System settings >Server settings>Services.
This is on FC2, and the path to services may be different (havn't got FC5
booted up at the mo)

Make sure the box is checked for httpd and MySQL, and that they are both
running, then save and exit services. They should (hopefully) start at
bootup.

Nigel.