Re: Wireless PCMCIA

Todd Zullinger <tmz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

bruce wrote:
> jack..
>
> you talk as a die hard guy who's drinking the koolaid... i already
> said linux was/is great for some things.. however, it's not good for
> the desktop at this time...

There's no point spouting opinion as if it were fact at the same time
you're chastising someone else for doing so.

As to Linux not being good for the desktop, I've been using linux as
my only desktop OS for somewhere around 6 or 7 years now. I obviously
think it's more than just good for the desktop at this time. I feel
crippled when I sit down at a friend's computer running Windows.

Tod, I have been using Linux on my home system before SCO bought
up Caldera.  Many home systems will work with it just fine.

Try it on a Laptop and you'll have lots of problems with finding hardware
drivers for built in modems, WIFI, video, etc.

It can be done with some Laptops, but only a select few (IBMs tend to be ok).

If I remember right, Laptop sales have now exceeded Home base systems.