Re: problem installing FC5 from USB drive(s)

Switching to a console does not seem to help.  Alt-F2 has no effect;
neither does Alt-F1.  Alt-F3 and Alt-F4 take me to screens that seem
to be displaying different console logs, but I can't get a prompt.

Even if I could get a console prompt, I don't know what directory I
would mount the partition on to have it recognized by the installation
program.

It seems to me that installation from a hard drive, at least when the
drive is USB-attached, does not work.  Has anybody ever succeeded in
using it?

It's a pity, because USB drives are much more convenient than CDs or
DVDs and it's much cheaper (and easier) to buy a single USB drive than
to install a CD or DVD drive in every single server just for the
purpose of booting.

Francisco