Re: could compile kernel from kernel.org for fedora?

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 11:19:23AM +0800, Zhen Zhou wrote:
> Thanks for your suggestion, but I didn't run desktop package, so you
> means all those package need to upgrade are related with desktop or
> even system-based? for instance, related with gnome or kde?

System. For example, "groupadd" is broken and will hang unkillably on newer
kernels. This could bite you when upgrading some other package even if you
aren't meaning to add groups yourself. There may be all sorts of other
things like that.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx          <http://mattdm.org/>