Re: What to do when rpm verification fails

Andras Simon wrote:
On 7/7/06, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Another option is to try is
   rpm -F --replacepkgs {package name}
This will re-install the rpm, even if it exists.  This should fix the
issue of file permissions and possibly changed/corrupted files.

Some of these "installs" involved downgrading (because the install dvd
is out of date for many packages), that's why I used --force (it
implies --oldpackage). Anyway, this part went quite smoothly, except
for stuff like

missing     /usr/share/system-config-securitylevel/checklist.pyc
missing     /usr/share/system-config-securitylevel/firstboot_selinux.pyc
missing     /usr/share/system-config-securitylevel/scs_checklist.pyc
missing     /usr/share/system-config-securitylevel/securitylevel.pyc
missing     /usr/share/system-config-securitylevel/selinuxPage.pyc
missing /usr/share/system-config-securitylevel/system-config-securitylevel.p
yc
missing     /usr/share/system-config-securitylevel/trustedchecklist.pyc

showing up in rpm -Va, which I suspect is a packaging bug and has
nothing to do with my recent troubles. But I may be wrong about
this...

Andras

--
Robin Laing